• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Doujin Work

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Doujin Work

Based on a 4-koma manga by artist Hiroyuki (known for his Type-moon doujins), this half-episode (each episode is ~14 mins) series follows Najimi Osana (a play on the word osananajimi) and her friend Tsuyuri in their quest to draw doujin to please the otaku while making heaps of money. It starts out with an awkward hilarious dialogue based on a complete misunderstanding, and from there continues Najimi's eccentricity and Tsuyuri's wierdness until spoiler[Najimi impulsively decides to dedicate the rest of her days to drawing doujinshi in hopes of making a lot of money and buying lots of food and...extravagant stuff.]

Of course, this being ComiKet and Lucky Star 12 having aired not even a week before the first episode of this series, the question is, where was Legendary Girl A!?
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
The first episode was good. I laughed really hard when they were on the train and those those guys around them started to listen more to what they have to say. I just wish that each episode would be longer than 14 minutes. I wonder what the station shows before/after the anime. I can see myself watching more.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 2 - Najimi wants to start drawing doujin and make heaps of money fast, but even getting to studying the material she's working with can prove to be difficult.

spoiler[Even being involved in the business? Tsuyuri runs her mouth and gets her embarassed by the whole train. Even walking into Animate? Difficult, she's embarassed just walking into the place. Buying the doujin? More difficult, even more embarassing. Getting out of Akihabara? Taxing, she coincidentally had to bump into a curious friend. Finding a quiet place to study doujin? Risks her mom walking in. Going over to Tsuyuri's? Not without the police chasing after her and landing in a trash heap.]

Overall, I enjoyed Episode 1 more, but it was still a decently entertaining watch.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
This anime sounds like its right up my alley! It seems like comic party only the lead is a girl. Plus the girl looks a bit like mizuki from comic party.

But i love anime with these type of topics. so im going to try it! thanks for the tip on this!
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Do these doujinshi circles actually make any kind of money or is it really just wishful thinking? I buy a fair bit (yes of hentai) doujinshi online (just do a Google search and you'll find any number of sites) and the price is, in comparison, quite high (£18 or so per volume, though that does include shipping from the US/Japan most of the time) while they are being sold for 500-1000 yen in these kinds of shows.
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Well I just started watching (finished episode 2 just now) and I have to say I am really likeing this. I mean the humor really hits me, I think I was laughing through most of both episodes. The train scene in episode 2 was especially funny, her friend just said it so bluntly. Laughing Some good laughs I can't wait for more.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I honestly wasn't expecting much from this show, but it was surprisingly funny.

Tsuyuri is a hoot.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Just got back into watching the show, and Ep 3 was great.

spoiler[The Justice pregancy misunderstanding thing was alright and all, but the funniest part of the episode was seeing Najimi jump for joy at finally receiving 500 yen for a doujin she drew, while she had easily spent 2000+ yen for the materials of all the books she didn't sell.]
leavemealone88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first two fansubed, and I liked it so much I tried to watch episode 3 raw, even thought I didn't really understand what was going on.
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I watched ep 4 subbed, so I'm not sure why you are needing raws.

spoiler[I would so go to a Tsundere cafe. It's such a good idea I would expect they actually exist.]
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Nom_Anor wrote:

spoiler[I would so go to a Tsundere cafe. It's such a good idea I would expect they actually exist.]

spoiler[Im surrounded by tsudere girls too much in real life. lol]
leavemealone88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Nom_Anor wrote:

It was a little while ago. I couldn't find a sub.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Im finally watching it in the spare hour I have at work. 4:31 into episode one and I'm hooked.

All because of the phrase spoiler[panty revolution....pantsu kukumei]

For reals this is hilarious! Thanks again for the tip! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1