• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Past me is so jealous of present me tonight.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy26

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:00 pm Reply with quote
What a whirlwind these past three days have been. The family has all made it back to their homes and my best friend of 30+ years and I just said goodbye for likely the last time in person for the foreseeable future.

We ended it with a bang though, steak dinner then attending the premiere of Haikyu! at the theaters. A momentous occasion for me though as I never imagined that this day would come.

So much anxiety, depression, fear, and uncertainty has melted away like wax on a birthday candle. Today I am free, I feel like I belong to something again and tears are welling in my eyes as I write this tonight. It is good to be alive.

I only knew of Haikyu! by the images of Hinata I would see occasionally in the pages of Otaku USA and had no reference material on the show itself until tonight. When I seen an Anime was available to watch in the cinema tonight, I wouldn't have cared what it was, I was going to see it.

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly though and while I did feel a little lost at times not knowing the back stories of any one the movie still stood on its own nicely. I had perma-grin throughout though, mostly because of the fact that I was indeed experiencing everything.

Clearly this is only the beginning of the journeys my fandom is about to take me on but I feel like it was a solid first step.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:40 am Reply with quote
Didn't take you long to see some anime on the big screen - well done! It's been a while since I've seen an anime film in a theatre... can't even remember off the top of my head which one it was... maybe Suzume? In any case, it's a great way to watch something, for sure.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:46 pm Reply with quote
That was easy, you had only one choice (to go or not to go). Now let us know how you feel after you have spent some time scrolling through Cruncyroll's list of the anime they have or Barnes and Noble's display of manga and light novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1