• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 6]: Stone Ocean (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:18 am Reply with quote

This Season:

Season 5: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 6]: Stone Ocean (TV)

Other Seasons:

Season 1: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Parts 1 + 2]: [Phantom Blood + Battle Tendency] (TV) (discussed here)
Season 2: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 3]: Stardust Crusaders (TV) (discussed here)
Season 3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 4]: Diamond Is Unbreakable (TV) (discussed here)
Season 4: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 5]: Golden Wind (TV) discussed here)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 131 volumes, by Hirohiko Araki)

Demographic: Shounen, Seinen

Animation Studio: David Production

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, mystery, psychological, supernatural, thriller

Themes: superpowers, tragedy, ultraviolence

Plot Summary: In Florida, 2011, Jolyne Kuujou sits in a jail cell like her father Joutarou once did; yet this situation is not of her own choice. Framed for a crime she didn’t commit, and manipulated into serving a longer sentence, Jolyne is ready to resign to a dire fate as a prisoner of Green Dolphin Street Jail. Though all hope seems lost, a gift from Joutarou ends up awakening her latent abilities, manifesting into her Stand, Stone Free. Now armed with the power to change her fate, Jolyne sets out to find an escape from the stone ocean that holds her.

However, she soon discovers that her incarceration is merely a small part of a grand plot: one that not only takes aim at her family, but has additional far-reaching consequences. What's more, the mastermind is lurking within the very same prison, and is under the protection of a lineup of menacing Stand users. Finding unlikely allies to help her cause, Jolyne sets course to stop their plot, clear her name, and take back her life.

[-MAL Rewrite]

Air Date & Platform:
Episodes 1-12 - December 1, 2021
Episodes 13-24 - September 1, 2022
Episodes 25-38 - December 1, 2022
Available on: Netflix

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 1 [Parts 1 + 2] [Phantom Blood + Battle Tendency]: 26 episodes
Season 2 (1st half) [Part 3] [Stardust Crusaders]: 24 episodes
Season 2 (2nd half) [Part 3] [Stardust Crusaders]: 24 episodes
Season 3 [Part 4] [Diamond is Unbreakable]: 39 episodes
Season 4 [Part 5] [Golden Wind]: 39 episodes
Season 5 [Part 6] [Stone Ocean]: 38 episodes

Total: 190 episodes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:37 am Reply with quote
Not a single person discussed Part 5. Must not be a lot of JoJo's fans, around here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1