• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world! 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
I am sure there will be quite the level headed discussions in Reddit when he becomes 18 and she 16.

This isn't really important, but I'm of the impression that when you're 18, it's still [borderline?] socially acceptable to date within 2 years of your age. It's when you go 15 or younger that it starts looking truly suspiciousーat least I think that's the generally expected response. I'd be shocked if people freaked out about that, even in the more puritan parts of the internet. Especially in this show, where I think the vast majority of people most likely to get upset about character ages quit watching way back in season 1, when it was established just what kind of show this was going to be.

Anyway, I'm also getting sick of the same old jokes, though there were still some laughing moments between them. I'm guessing next episode is the end of the volume it is currently adapting?
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
I am sure there will be quite the level headed discussions in Reddit when he becomes 18 and she 16.

This isn't really important, but I'm of the impression that when you're 18, it's still [borderline?] socially acceptable to date within 2 years of your age. It's when you go 15 or younger that it starts looking truly suspiciousーat least I think that's the generally expected response. I'd be shocked if people freaked out about that, even in the more puritan parts of the internet. Especially in this show, where I think the vast majority of people most likely to get upset about character ages quit watching way back in season 1, when it was established just what kind of show this was going to be.

Anyway, I'm also getting sick of the same old jokes, though there were still some laughing moments between them. I'm guessing next episode is the end of the volume it is currently adapting?

It's a thing I have noticed in USA culture, I have seen way too many discussions over this across the years, and I am not talking about a 15 dating an 18, but a 25 dating a 30, like, dude, they are adults.

Anyways, in the original WN Megumin was 17 and Kasuma 20, everybody was older actually.

When it was published everybody got deaged and to the plot detriment.

Megumin having 9th grade syndrome and with 0 curves it's funnier if she is 17 not a 9th grade underdeveloped brat, Kasuma being a failure makes sense if he is 20 not 16 and so on.

I really love the series, but the deaging bothers me a lot from history telling stant point.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Kazuma and Chris make for effective partners-in-crime when Kazuma isn't sexually harassing her.

I see the Vanir mask boost is really a thing. Kazuma plays a villain way too well.

Princess Iris, ready to wield a sword and throw hands when necessary.

Drunk Aqua Final Boss was not on my bingo card, but she can get a job done if it comes down to some bubbly.

Darkness' bondage moment was probably the first time she's really had a M moment in a long time. And she's still the most sensible person in the entire episode and ended up solving the problem with the solution Chris thought was impractical.

Megumin falling for Kazuma's thief alter ego, ha. She'd totally make him wear the costume again if he found out.

Iris route unlocked? Provided Kazuma defeats the Demon King and proposes, of course!
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:23 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Princess Iris, ready to wield a sword and throw hands when necessary.

Iris is spoiler[stronger than anyone in the quartet as well as her own bodyguards and is decently leveled.] She has a lot more character development here than her original WN version
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:25 am Reply with quote
It was pretty fun watching Kozuma going all John Smith from Eminence in Shadow.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Loved the blink and you miss moment of Megumin'd dad selling his cursed/useless magical items to Wiz.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Classic Kazuma and Aqua. The moment they get a lot of money they use it to act like high class twits while still being idiots.

That egg is probably not going to be what anyone, especially Aqua, thinks it is.

Vanir loves embarrassing people while giving them some advice.

I know Aqua has low INT but you'd think by now she'd be more conscious of how likely she is to end up either eaten or on-top of a monster.
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Loved the blink and you miss moment of Megumin'd dad selling his cursed/useless magical items to Wiz.

Explains why their mutual business' never succeed! Poor Wiz though...business is booming but Vanir's turned her into a customer service robot.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Yep, probably the best episode of the season so far. The laughs just kept coming Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2